What I've learned so far:
- Everyone needs their own sleeping bag. Sharing is not an option.
- My neighborhood is obscenely noisy at night (a car chase one night, power tools tonight)
- It's also incredibly bright (really, do you all need to leave your back lights on?)
- The pStyle is the best invention for peeing at night (more on that another time)
- If Little Brother doesn't fall asleep within 10 minutes, ask him if he needs to poop. Most likely, he does. Don't wait for for an hour wondering why the tent magic doesn't work anymore.
- Take the nicest air mattress for yourself. Kids are little and don't need extra padding.
- Dont give up after a rough night! Figure out a way to make it better next time.
- Let the kids decide if they want to continue and honor their choice (unless it's below freezing, I draw the line there).
- I think we're going to be able to make this family camping thing happen!