They both got home safely but the Mundo's rear wheel was covered in blue slime (thanks, self-sealing tubes...).
Today, feeling emboldened by my success at replacing the Linus's newly respoked rear wheel (thanks, Tim!) and connecting the Nexus hub, I was ready to take on the Mundo's mondo wheel.
I got out a new tube (heavy-duty, super thick, and self-sealing, again), got the tire back on the rim (it took me about 10 minutes to figure out which direction it was supposed to go and I still had it wrong when I put the wheel back), pumped the tube up slightly to shove it back into the tire, replaced the tire liner, and eased the tire bead back into place. One more massage around the tire to make sure the tube wasn't pinched or twisted anywhere then I pumped it back up to 60psi. Before I put the wheel back, I decided to clean out the cassette a bit, too. It was gross. I can now see why Cassidy recommends wearing gloves while attempting to do this on your way to work or some other "fancy" location.