I'm not very handy so thankfully, this was a pretty easy project and I had some great help. The hardest part was waiting for the hardware store to get enough u-bolts in stock. I used 4 pieces of metal pipe cut to about 6" long (which I then had cut down even more so there wouldn't be a lot of extra pipe hanging down, 4 u-bolts, and a Weehoo canopy. The hardware cost less than $10 and the canopy was on sale for about $40.
The good folks at ACE Hardware in midtown cut down the pipe and sanded down the edges as best they could. My friend Neil drilled the holes in the pipe to match up with the u-bolts.
This was my first test:
I made a couple of minor adjustments by turning around the canopy and flipping over the pipes. This lowered the canopy down about three inches and put the visor in front, which seems to be a better fit with greater coverage. Since Sacramento doesn't really get that much rain, we'll probably be using this more in the summer anyway to protect from the sun. Hopefully, we'll have some rain to test it out in soon. I could see this being a great frame for a double stroller rain cover for added protection.